This pudding-like cake is deliciously light and sweet, the perfect ending to a big festive meal. You’ll be amazed at how good carrots can taste!
2 lbs carrots, peeled and chopped
1⁄4 cup honey
1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Orange zest of 1 orange
1⁄4 cup blanched almond flour (ground blanched almonds)
1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook carrots in a steamer until soft, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl add honey, cinnamon, orange zest, eggs and almond flour to cooled carrots and blend with an immersion blender or food processor until smooth.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour, until browned around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely and then cut into squares.
- Remove pieces with a spatula or flat knife and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Tastes good at any temperature, but in my opinion is best eaten cold.