(Recipe adapted from www.100daysofrealfood.com)
This loaf is really simple to whip up and makes for a great festive snack.
1 1⁄2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
1⁄2 cup honey
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients (from the flour down to the salt).
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and gently stir in the egg mixture (careful not to over mix).
- Fold in the pumpkin puree.
- Grease a large loaf pan or put muffin liners in a muffin pan and then pour in the batter.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes (to make sure it is done you can insert a tooth pick; when the loaf it is ready the toothpick will come out clean).