As a holistic nutritionist we will work together to help you achieve your health goals with an emphasis on diet and lifestyle modifications. I work in a way that is compassionate, accessible and most of all practical to suit your individual needs and personal circumstances.
I will motivate you to take control of your health by setting realistic goals, placing an emphasis on education and offering ongoing support . You will be given expert insight into the role nutrition plays as well as practical information, tools and resources that will able to apply once you leave the session.
What is a holistic nutritionist?
A holistic nutritionist…..
- Primarily uses whole foods as a means of preventing disease and achieving optimal health
- Focuses on the client as a whole, assessing their physical, nutritional, emotional, and environmental health
- Focuses on the root cause of health problems rather than simply treating and supressing individual symptoms
- Recognises are that we are all biochemically unique and therefore need to be assessed and treated accordingly; one size does not fit all
- Believes that the body is capable of healing itself once nutritional deficiencies and imbalances have been corrected
What conditions can be helped by nutritional therapy?
- Allergies and sensitivities
- Anxiety & stress
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Digestive issues/inflammatory bowel disease
I love to eat and live in a household of 3 hungry boys. I am always thinking about food, skimming through recipe books and planning out our next meal; as a family our lives revolve around food! I bring this passion to the work I do as a nutritionist
I am also an educator and health researcher. I have worked with diverse groups for over 15 years, putting my energy and expertise into programs that aim to improve peoples’ physical and emotional health.
I believe that food literacy, sustainability and eating well are an integral part of building a healthy community. Good food is the best ‘medicine’ we have and the ultimate building block for health.
As a parent who had faced health challenges I have a particular interest in children’s health and treating digestive disorders.
I look forward to working with you!
It's Alimentary Nutritional CounsellingLucy Frankel CNP
Certified Holistic Nutritionist
T: (416) 465-0886
© It's Alimentary Nutritional Counselling
Contact me for a free 15 min phone consultation to see how I can help you and which type of consultation would suit your needs.